Country 105.1’s Beat the Bank
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. REGULAR ROUNDS: TO ENTER the Country 105.1 Beat the Bank contest (the “Contest”), beginning on Tuesday, September 4th, 2012 an announcement will be made each weekday of the Contest Period telling listeners to call in for a chance to play (each an “Announcement”). Announcements will be made Monday through Friday of the Contest Period, excluding statutory holidays, at approximately 7:15 a.m., 12:35 p.m. and 4:35 p.m. (all times are Eastern Time). Additional random Announcements may also occur anytime during the Contest Period. When you hear an Announcement, call the Country 105.1 contest line at 705-876-1051, or #1051 on Bell Mobility (the “Contest Line”). In the event a caller is outside of the local calling area, standard long distance rates as charged by the caller’s long distance service provider will apply. The twelfth (12) caller through on the Country Contest Line following an Announcement will be eligible to play Beat the Bank for a chance to win a Prize, as described below (each a “Regular Round”). The eligible caller will be announced on-air and will be required to play Beat the Bank on-air. The object of this Contest is to beat the sound of the vault alarm in order to be eligible to win cash. The contestant will hear one or more vault doors opening with a voice announcing an amount of money (minimum of $50, to a maximum amount of $10,000). With each opening of a vault, the contestant has the option to stop and be eligible to win the amount of cash just announced or they may continue to the next vault opening and hear the cash amount announcement increase or hear the vault alarm. At any time, the vault alarm may be triggered and if that occurs, the contestant does not win any money. Between each vault opening, the contestant will be asked if she/he wishes to proceed or wishes to stop and win the amount of cash just announced. If the contestant wishes to proceed and the sound of the vault alarm is heard, the contestant does not win any cash. Should the contestant say “stop” during the sound of the alarm, he/she will not be eligible to win the cash. Each eligible winner will then be required to provide a representative of Country 105.1 with their name, address and telephone number.
2. BONUS ROUND: Visit www.country105.fm between Wednesday, August 29th, 2012 at 9 a.m. ET and Friday, October 26th, 2012 at 9 a.m. ET and follow the applicable on-screen instructions to register by providing your name and daytime phone number and you will obtain one (1) entry into the Bonus Round Draws (defined below). At random times between Tuesday, September 4th, 2012 at 7:00 a.m. and Friday, October 26th, 2012 at 5:00 p.m. ET in Peterborough, Ontario a representative of Country 105.1 will randomly choose one (1) entry from among all entries received up to the point of the applicable draw (each a “Bonus Round Draw”) and will call the selected entrant within 2 hours of the applicable Bonus Round Draw. Selected entrants will be contacted at the number provided at the time of registering. If a selected entrant is available upon contact, he/she will have the opportunity to play the Beat the Bank game on-air (each a “Bonus Round”). If the selected entrant is not available or does not answer the telephone, another entrant will be randomly selected. Limit of one entry per individual for the Bonus Rounds per day, regardless of the email addresses, telephone numbers or addresses provided.
3. Contest starts at 9 a.m. ET on Wednesday, August 29th, 2012 and closes on Friday, October 26th, 2012, at approximately 5:00 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). Limit of one Prize per household. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
4. The contest sponsor is: CKQM FM (Country 105.1), a division of Bell Media Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsor”).
5. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of
6. Prizes: The number of cash prizes (each a “Prize”) to be awarded will depend on the number of successful contestants who “Beat the Bank” and the amount of each Prize awarded to each winner. The value of each Prize is equal to the cash amount actually won pursuant to the procedure described above. The maximum cash prize that may be offered to a particular contestant will be $10,000 CAD although not all contestants will be offered this maximum amount. The minimum cash Prize offered to a particular contestant will be $50 CAD. At the start of the Contest, there is a grand total of $27,000 CAD available to be won. Each Prize will be awarded in the form of a cheque. In the event that cash Prizes in excess of $27,000 CAD in aggregate are awarded prior to the end of the Contest Period, no further prizing will be awarded and the Contest will be completed.
7. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. The odds of being able to play a Regular Round will depend upon the total number of callers after the applicable Announcement. The odds of being selected to play in a Bonus Round will depend on the total number of entries received prior to the applicable Bonus Round Draw. The odds of winning a Prize in a Regular Round or Bonus Round will depend on a variety of factors and cannot be calculated. Country 105.1, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact each potential Prize winner by telephone within two (2) business days after that potential winner played Beat the Bank on Country 105.1. In the event a potential winner cannot be contacted within 2 business days as noted above, he or she may be disqualified and the applicable Prize will be forfeited. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a Prize winner, each potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Country 105.1 via telephone. Before being awarded a Prize, each potential winner will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the applicable Prize, accepts the applicable Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the applicable Prize. In the event that a potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify such potential winner, who will forfeit the applicable Prize, and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. Once confirmed as a Prize winner, if the Prize winner resides in
8. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
9. All entries become the property of Contest Sponsor who assumes no responsibility for garbled, in audible, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected entries or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the names of Prize winners (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsor reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest including canceling any method of entry. Contest Sponsor reserves its right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsor reserves its right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion, further reserves its right to terminate the on-line portion of the Contest and conduct the drawing from all on-line entries and all other entries previously received during the Contest Period. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsor reserves its right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsors shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site, where applicable.
10. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of his/her personal information (information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as home telephone number, age and home address) by the Contest Sponsor for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling this Contest. Contest Sponsor will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering this Contest. Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by the Contest Sponsor should be addressed to Country 105.1 at
11. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
12. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor and or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.